Refresh. Rejuvenate. Revive.
Now through the end of February, treat yourself of someone you love to one of our featured facials which are specially customized to meet the needs of skin during the dry winter months. Indulge your senses and escape winter into a tropical paradise with our Euphoria Facial. Entice and nurture your skin with warm stimulating herbs and organic, nutrient rich vitamins and oils. This facial is available for a limited time for just $69!
Anti-Aging Skin Care: What you need to know
Anti-Aging skincare is all over the market and it can be tough to tell what works, what doesn't, and what is just a bunch of hype. We are big believers that you should consult with a licensed esthetician before taking on any skincare regimen in order to get the most out of the experience. There is such much to consider when choosing skin care products and a licensed esthetician can make things easy to understand. So we'd like to share some key ingredients we believe you should look for and consider when choosing your Anti-aging skin care.
9 Key Ingredients to look for when considering AntiAging Skincare￼
- Alphahydroxy Acids- Organic compounds that smooth the skin, thicken the underlying tissues by boosting collagen which intern creates firmness and reduce wrinkles or the signs of aging, and improve the overall look and feel of the skin.
- RetinolA- Chemical compound derived from vitamin A. Its primary function in skincare products are to increase the skins cell turnover and intern will reveal new healthy skin.Retinol also stimulates an increase of collagen production, creating firmness.
- Vitamin C- Is an antioxidant for the skin. Increases collagen production, a skin brightener, strengthens the skins barrier response when skin is faced with outside damaging pollutants, enhances the skins repair process, reduces inflammation and increases sunscreen performance. One important key to remember is that unstable vitamin C can have adverse results to the skin so be sure your vitamin c is stable.Vitamin C much like when taken internally boost skins immune response to keep it healthy.
- Vitamin E- Are lipid soluable compounds which Protect cell membranes from oxidative damage from daily wear and pollutants. Vitamin E prevents collagen from being destroyed and brokendown and acts as a healing agent to prevent scarring. Vitamin E works beautifully when paired with Vitamin C . These two are the power house of antioxidants that act as a shield to protect the skin.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids- Also known as Linoleic, Linolenoc acids or phospholipids. These fatty acids replenish and preserve the skins intercellular matrix. Omega 3 fatty acids are cell communicators which tell damaged cells how to behave in a healthy manner.
- Hyaluronic Acid- Acts as a drink for your skin by drawing water moisture towards it. Hyaluronic acid deeply hydrates dehydrated skin. A high percentage of us have dehydrated skin and do to this your skin needs the extra help. Much as a raisin is wrinkled and has loss of its natural juices if reinjected with liquid it will appear healthy and plump again so is the same with our skin.
- HydroquinoneIs- A skin brightener and lightener. Hydroquinone evens out the skins tone by lightening discoloration due to sun exposure, aging, and hormone fluctuations. Hydroquinone supresses and lightens thus eliminate the concentration of melanin in the skin.
- Peptides- Are anti-aging proteins that produce collagen,restores elasticity, promotes cell metabolism, heals post acne areas and scars, reduces fine lines and wrinkles.Peptides signal the skins cells to let them know how to function the most optimal way also teaching our skin to perform at its best.
- Stem Cells- Phyto (plant) derived stem cells repair damage cells. Aging skin is damaged skin so by applying stem cells that can correct the skin giving back skins dewy finish and improves skin elasticity. Studies have shown that plant stem cells may be stronger than our own human stem cells.
The skin is complex and functions in many different ways. These ingredients in the correct form can improve the skins functions and protect the skin from aging. As always proper internal health and care is a must in conjunction with proper use of topical ingredients as well. Sun protection is a must in any Anti Aging skincare regiment and it is imperative I cannot stress this enough.
Here are a few of my favorites products from Eminence organic skincare that are packed with the ingredients listed above...
- Monoi Age corrective Cleanser
- Firm Acai Booster serum
- Bamboo Firming Fluid
- C&E serum
- Monoi Face & Neck moisturizer
- Neroli Eye Serum
- Bright skin Moisturizer with Spf 30
- Bamboo Age Corrective masque
- Arctic Berry Peptide Cream
This month, Solutions is offering our special Age Corrective Facial for just $69! PLUS....get 20% off the NEW Age Corrective starter set!Thanks to Heather Hunt for sharing this great information with us!
You Are Beautiful! Style show and fundraiser in celebration and support of Hello Gorgeous!
So maybe you have heard about Hello Gorgeous! of Hope Inc. and maybe you haven't. If you have, don't mind the revisit and stay tuned for information about our upcoming event. If you haven't, we are so excited to share with you and know you will be equally as excited as we are.
From the Hello Gorgeous! website:
Hello Gorgeous! is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that provides complimentary, professional makeovers and cosmetic education to all women battling all cancers. We create an experience for these women beginning with a nomination by family and friends that if chosen, includes surprising her with flowers, chocolates and a big “Hello Gorgeous!” She is pampered with spa services such as manicure, pedicure, facial and seated massage, as well as instruction in new makeup application and hair care (or hair substitution) methods advantageous to her individual issues, helping many times to:
•Appear much less affected by her treatments
•Strengthen her confidence
•Empower her to feel more acceptable to the public eye
•And, more importantly, more acceptable to herself
Before departing, we make certain the Gorgeous Woman understands how to reproduce her new look on her own. She is given a supply of the cosmetics, skincare and nail products used to complete her services that day. And all this is done for the Gorgeous Woman at no cost. She pays for nothing.
In order to help more women battling cancer in Michiana and other communities, we have begun the Salon Affiliate program, enlisting existing spa salons in different cities to be certified and perform (12) Gorgeous Visits in a 12-month period in their salon. Our goal is to certify 2 salons in each city of the United States in order to help 500,000 women each year.
Hello Gorgeous! is supported by public donation and by its fundraising efforts. Please visit our “Make A Difference” page to see how you can help us to continue bringing these service to those wives, mothers, sisters and daughters battling cancer.
Kim and Michael Becker
Solutions Day Spa is a Salon Affiliate of Hello Gorgeous!
We have been so very blessed at Solutions to be a salon affiliate for Hello Gorgeous! As an affiliate, Solutions has committed to performing 12 Gorgeous Visits each year. Our staff gets so excited each time we have the pleasure of hosting and serving a woman from our own community. Let's face it--cancer touches us all at one point or another. We are grateful for the opportunity to give back to our community in this way. Our staff provides their time and education to these women and the salon and other local businesses provide many of the products and gifts that each Gorgeous Woman receives during her visit.
As an affiliate, Solutions is also committed to supporting Hello Gorgeous! through fundraising. In past years we have raised funds through selling donated purses and handbags in our Purse Parade. This year, we are excited to host a style show and silent auction in support of Hello Gorgeous! and in honor of the women we have served over the last 3 years and those we will continue to serve going forward.
So we invite you to join us in celebrating all of our Gorgeous Women and enjoy a night of fashion, fun, and fundraising.