Anti-Aging Skin Care: What you need to know
September 29, 2014
Anti-Aging skincare is all over the market and it can be tough to tell what works, what doesn't, and what is just a bunch of hype. We are big believers that you should consult with a licensed esthetician before taking on any skincare regimen in order to get the most out of the experience. There is such much to consider when choosing skin care products and a licensed esthetician can make things easy to understand. So we'd like to share some key ingredients we believe you should look for and consider when choosing your Anti-aging skin care.
9 Key Ingredients to look for when considering AntiAging Skincare￼
- Alphahydroxy Acids- Organic compounds that smooth the skin, thicken the underlying tissues by boosting collagen which intern creates firmness and reduce wrinkles or the signs of aging, and improve the overall look and feel of the skin.
- RetinolA- Chemical compound derived from vitamin A. Its primary function in skincare products are to increase the skins cell turnover and intern will reveal new healthy skin.Retinol also stimulates an increase of collagen production, creating firmness.
- Vitamin C- Is an antioxidant for the skin. Increases collagen production, a skin brightener, strengthens the skins barrier response when skin is faced with outside damaging pollutants, enhances the skins repair process, reduces inflammation and increases sunscreen performance. One important key to remember is that unstable vitamin C can have adverse results to the skin so be sure your vitamin c is stable.Vitamin C much like when taken internally boost skins immune response to keep it healthy.
- Vitamin E- Are lipid soluable compounds which Protect cell membranes from oxidative damage from daily wear and pollutants. Vitamin E prevents collagen from being destroyed and brokendown and acts as a healing agent to prevent scarring. Vitamin E works beautifully when paired with Vitamin C . These two are the power house of antioxidants that act as a shield to protect the skin.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids- Also known as Linoleic, Linolenoc acids or phospholipids. These fatty acids replenish and preserve the skins intercellular matrix. Omega 3 fatty acids are cell communicators which tell damaged cells how to behave in a healthy manner.
- Hyaluronic Acid- Acts as a drink for your skin by drawing water moisture towards it. Hyaluronic acid deeply hydrates dehydrated skin. A high percentage of us have dehydrated skin and do to this your skin needs the extra help. Much as a raisin is wrinkled and has loss of its natural juices if reinjected with liquid it will appear healthy and plump again so is the same with our skin.
- HydroquinoneIs- A skin brightener and lightener. Hydroquinone evens out the skins tone by lightening discoloration due to sun exposure, aging, and hormone fluctuations. Hydroquinone supresses and lightens thus eliminate the concentration of melanin in the skin.
- Peptides- Are anti-aging proteins that produce collagen,restores elasticity, promotes cell metabolism, heals post acne areas and scars, reduces fine lines and wrinkles.Peptides signal the skins cells to let them know how to function the most optimal way also teaching our skin to perform at its best.
- Stem Cells- Phyto (plant) derived stem cells repair damage cells. Aging skin is damaged skin so by applying stem cells that can correct the skin giving back skins dewy finish and improves skin elasticity. Studies have shown that plant stem cells may be stronger than our own human stem cells.
The skin is complex and functions in many different ways. These ingredients in the correct form can improve the skins functions and protect the skin from aging. As always proper internal health and care is a must in conjunction with proper use of topical ingredients as well. Sun protection is a must in any Anti Aging skincare regiment and it is imperative I cannot stress this enough.
Here are a few of my favorites products from Eminence organic skincare that are packed with the ingredients listed above...
- Monoi Age corrective Cleanser
- Firm Acai Booster serum
- Bamboo Firming Fluid
- C&E serum
- Monoi Face & Neck moisturizer
- Neroli Eye Serum
- Bright skin Moisturizer with Spf 30
- Bamboo Age Corrective masque
- Arctic Berry Peptide Cream